If you are buying or selling a business, it is important that you have experts assisting you. Commercial transactions generally involve higher levels of complexity then residential transactions. PJM Lawyers will protect your rights by:
- Reviewing the content to make sure you fully understand its terms and what your rights, commitments and obligations are before signing and committing yourself to the transaction;
- Suggest amendments to the contract to protect your commercial interests and to safe guard your rights;
- Negotiate on your behalf with the other party’s solicitors to amend or strike out what is not in your best interests;
- Assist you if another party breaks a term of the contract;
- Advise you on steps and prepare your response if another party claims you breached the contract.
We can assist you with:
- Franchise Agreements/Disclosure Documents;
- Partnership Agreements;
- Shareholder Agreements;
- Contracts for the Sale of the business;
- Retail Leasing;
- Commercial Leases;
- Employment Contracts;
- Confidentiality Agreements;
- Option Agreement.
If is essential that you receive professional and competent advice about any business transaction that you may consider formalising.
We have often seen clients who attend our practice ‘after the event’ when something has gone wrong.
It becomes clear that they have signed legally binding documents without advice and are clearly unaware of the specific obligations or structure of the Agreement.
At PJM Lawyers, we are the first choice when it comes to Business Law.