1. The Swimming Pools Amendment Act 2012 regulates fencing and safety requirements for owners of swimming pools in NSW ;
2. The main objectives of the act was to:
3. Establish a state wide online register of all private swimming pools;
4. To require swimming pool owners to self-register their swimming pool by 19th November 2013;
5. To require councils conduct mandatory periodic inspections of swimming pools associated with tourist and visitor accommodation and multiple occupancy premises every 3 years;
6. Amend the conveyancing and residential lease legislation to require a valid swimming pool certificate of compliance before they may offer the property for sale or lease effective from 29 April 2014;
7. Individual lot owners can search the online Swimming Pool Register website at Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. for all requirements.